Click here for a downloadable copy of my Curriculum Vitae.
Various media (rentersguide.ca, yellowpages.ca, montrealgazette.com)
04/2013 – present
- Wrote neighbourhood profiles on areas in Montreal such as Old Montreal and Laval for rentersguide.ca.
- Wrote stories on Montreal’s rental market for rentersguide.ca.
- Wrote stories on local businesses in Montreal for yellowpages.ca
- Took and submitted over 25 pictures for each article.
- Pitched current story ideas on Montreal lifestyle news.
- Pitched over 40 story ideas to the editor Urban Expression editor of the Montreal Gazette (more than half of them were accepted).
- Reported on fashion events such as Montreal Fashion Week and The Festival de Mode et Design for the Urban Expressions section of the Montreal Gazette.
- Interviewed Montreal personalities such as comedian Andrew Searles and fashion designer Travis Taddeo.
- Helped manage the intranet including, creating new pages and subpages; article layout; publishing; and content creation.
- Helped manage Pfizer’s Social Media channels including, creating, reviewing, posting and scheduling Social Media content.
- Interviewed colleagues and different departments that contribute to the company’s success for news articles.
- Created and implemented internal communication plans. Drafted emails, news postings and created posters for internal communications.
- Filmed and created short videos of Pfizer Colleagues for annual updates and launch meetings.
Established Products Business Unit Summer Intern
- Did a research project on how to implement social media in the restricted field of pharmaceuticals. Researched new digital trends in pharma and shared recommendations on how the Canadian pharmaceutical industry can use social media as an online marketing tool.
- Conducted a focus group to help improve Pfizer’s Start Something with Alesse, Facebook strategy.
04/2012 – 05/2013
- Researched and fact checked information pertaining to summer events, camp listings and daycare listings.
- Talked frequently with communication personnel for information.
- Created “listicles” such as How to Capture the Spirit of Summer Camp Through Books and Movies
03/2012 – 05/2013
- Managed a group of 10 to 15 bloggers.
- Edited articles written by bloggers and provided written feedback.
- Ensured a minimum of three articles were posted daily.
- Contacted boutique managers and designers to schedule interviews.
- Managed monthly editorial meetings.
- Contributed to the Suburban’s online magazine.
- Pitched current story ideas pertaining to fashion, beauty and health topics.
- Interviewed professionals such as Marketing teachers in the article; buying hope selling lies and fitness instructors in the article; no gym, no problem.
Journalists for human Rights (Concordia University Chapter)
09/2011 – 09/2012 Social Media Coordinator
09/2012 – 09/2013 VP Social Media & Promotion
- Managed various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and Foursquare. Created appropriate content to promote JHR activities and Human Rights news.
- Scheduled content on Hootsuite to ensure regular Social Media promotion.
Masters of Arts in Fashion
2011 – 2014
Bachelor of Arts & Science: Specialization Journalism
- Software Knowledge: InDesign, WordPress, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Garage Band, Audio Hijacker, Final Cut Pro, Sharepoint 2010
- Experience working with various online publishing platforms
- Managing diverse Social Media channels
- Pitching current story ideas
- Respecting deadlines
- Editing (Video and writing work)
- Content creation
- Fluent in English and French